24th January 2012
Link with 20 notes
From this blog regarding why HARM (Hoosiers Anti-Racist Movement) has withdrawn support from Occupy Indianapolis:
- … we find Occupy Indianapolis to consist primarily of armchair activists and internet warriors who will never have more than their non-involved sympathies to offer.
- Because this collection of various websites and social media pages are unaccountable to any general assembly and keep confidential the names of admins, they are in violation what might be the two core values of the Occupation Movement, namely transparency and horizontal structure.
- Because Occupy Indianapolis has systematically alienated, disenfranchised, and censored radical voices both during it’s physical occupation and via it’s online presence it becomes clear that the occupation is not about compromise and consensus between disparate elements, but rather a hierarchical neo-liberal co-option of a movement in support of the status-quo.
- Because online censorship has been focused on antifascist and radical voices rather than all “fringe” voices, Occupy Indianapolis has become a safe place for conspiracy-theories, antisemitism, racism, anti-worker sentiment, pro-sweatshop propaganda, and religious intolerance.
- Because the dogmatic Pacifists have neutered any chance of direct action coming from the occupation, we find their to be no chance at revolutionary change stemming from Occupy Indianapolis’s actions.
The parallels to the situation at OccupyLA (especially occupylosangeles.org) and the “Social Media Committee” therein are frightening. Is it only a matter of time before people withdraw their support from #occupyLA due to similar concerns here? Is OLA Social Media and Web killing this movement, locally, as HARM is implying those at OccupyIndy are doing there?
17th January 2012
Post with 7 notes
“He Who Shall Not Be Named” or “The Real Reason the Liberal Reformists Don’t, Won’t, Can’t and Never Will Support Any Proposal to Delegitimize the Already Illegitimate System of Voter Fraud in the Imperialist United States of America and Can’t Articulate Why Without Resorting to Tired Patriotisms”
Well comrades, I can answer this question, I will tell you what they never could and I can do it with one single word: OBAMA! The treachery in their outright refusal to name he-who-shall-not-be-named, resorting to shaming the memory of the armies of the poor who made the ultimate sacrifice all to protect your one and only voice, the voice of your unborn children’s children, stinks like the bodies left in the wake of Neo-liberal policies meant only to perpetuate the global domination of Capitalism by force of terror. Dance puppets, the Neo-lib puppet masters are pulling your strings, but WE WON’T GET FOOLED AGAIN!
Fuck voting, fuck Patriotism, fuck Nationalism, fuck Xenophobia, fuck war, fuck terror, fuck Capitalism, fuck Old Glory and FUCK OBAMA!